Wanted: Frontend Engineer
This is us
We are rb2, a boutique software development agency. We build web apps. We are distributed over four locations in Asia and Europe. We currently are at 90+ people with a huge drive to grow: more knowledge, more complexity in products and projects and more challenges.
We work daily with a lot of fun on complex and scalable web apps. Always at the center of our client’s business. We build apps for a variety of clients, from startups to corporates, including T-Mobile, GoBear and BookChoice. Our teams are distributed in tribes and squads, and work end-to-end Agile.
This is what you will do
You are going to design and develop innovative user experiences for the apps we deliver to our clients. Therefore, you need to collaborate with our customers teams and our development teams in China, in which you have to bridge cultural and linguistic differences.
You will write automated tests and improve the build chain because you care deeply about quality. You will also review code of your team mates. And we give you the opportunity to stay sharp by experimenting and introducing cutting edge technology and frameworks.
This is what we ask
You have a learning attitude. Not only to master new technologies and programming languages, but also on the interpersonal level. You realize that the value of your work has a big human and quality factor and want to become better at both.
You have experience in building great products, from inception to production. With your frontend capabilities, you can deliver great UI and UX to our customers. But you also want to grow to a full-stack profile to help in other parts of the product.
You feel at home in a high-performing distributed team and you value help making the team improve every day. You have the independence to speak up when needed and you are proven to be able to give, ask and incorporate feedback.
You are excited by continuous delivery, iterative and fast improvement of products driven by a quality mindset. And the following profile fits you perfect:
- You have preferably a bachelor’s degree in software engineering;
- We consider 3-5+ years of work experience as a strong plus, but this can be substituted with excellent capabilities;
- Strong knowledge about technologies like React or Vue.js (or Angular), Node.js, CSS/LESS/SASS and HTML5;
- Experience with test driven development & test automation;
- Understanding of fundamental design principles (typography, layout, grid systems, hierarchy, color, composition);
- Experience in delivering production grade code quickly and in a secure (OWASP guidelines for instance) way;
- Experience with engineering tools like Docker or strong willingness to learn and use these;
- Experience with Agile and continuous software delivery.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Willingness to (temporarily) work on a (remote) customer’s location.
This is what we offer
Competitive salary, good secondary working conditions, an amazing company atmosphere, a tight-knit agile team that socializes together, relocation support, healthy lunches. Latest Apple or Lenovo hardware. We offer a challenging environment, guaranteed. Time and space for experimenting with new cool tech, guaranteed.
Next to all of this, we value fun and socializing very much: from boat trips to ski trips. But we do not have to leave the company office for a bit of fun. In our office we have our own café ‘De Groene Draeck’ which is host to our great ‘vrijmibo’ (Friday afternoon drinks).
Do we offer the challenge you are looking for? We like to meet you. Send your resume and motivation to [email protected].
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.